Why “MentorShift at Work?”
IS MENTORING WORKING FOR YOU?
- Mentor – have you poured the fuel of your life and knowledge into a willing mentee?
- Mentee – has your career and life skyrocketed from the power of an influential mentor?
- Organizations – Are you effectively investing your resources into a mentoring mission that will work for now and into the future?
Have you defaulted to the “Yakking, Tracking, Get Sent Packing” model of transferring knowledge?
- Mentor and mentee meet occasionally and yak (sometimes awkwardly)
- Organizations track the mentor/mentee relationships as a metrics success (which it might not be)
- Mentee gets sent packing with the hope of next month’s meeting (which might not happen)
NO MORE YAKKING, TRACKING, GET SENT PACKING!!
MENTORING MATTERS AND YOU CAN MAKE IT WORK
In MentorShift at Work, Lori Bachman, a former executive with Lockheed Martin Corporation and current CEO of the MentorShift Group, takes her successful, culture-stirring techniques from her widely successful book, MentorShift, and creates an even deeper dive for both mentor and mentee to experience together.
At whatever stage you are in your mentoring involvement, through these strategies, illustrations and interactive exercises, you will find the means to make mentoring more impactful to you, your team and your organization.
Meet a few of the characters who will walk you through the workbook journey (remember, the author hates boring business books!). There are “ForMentors” (those who do right by you and are a sterling model) and “TorMentors” (those with a few idiosyncrasies here and there). They guide you through the four-step MentorShift process throughout the workbook.