“People treat us the way we teach them to treat us.” — Jack Canfield, author
With the world’s spotlight on bullying and boundary breaking, there’s never been a more pressing time to know how to speak up for yourself and stand your ground.
For this reason, Lori brings her certification in the powerful work of Sam Horn (Tongue Fu!® and Never Be Bullied Again) along with her own conflict coaching experience fully into the fabric of The MentorShift Group’s mission.
Lori Bachman is committed to helping mentors and mentees communicate with power and precision so you navigate your business and personal conversations masterfully.
Tongue Fu!® – Get Along Better
with Just About Anyone, Anytime, Anywhere
If you’ve ever been tongue-tied – or given a tongue-lashing (and regretted it), Tongue Fu!® offers constructive alternatives that turn hostility into harmony and help you avoid a mental breakdown in the face of aggression.
With straightforward strategies and proven techniques, Tongue Fu!® examines almost every kind of verbal conflict – from fights with your co-worker, complaints from a customer, bullying by your boss or a stalemate with your kids – and shows how to use martial arts for the mind and mouth to deflect attacks, disarm disputes, and defuse any explosive situation.
With Tongue Fu!® you will learn
- words to use (and words to lose) in tense situations
- the power of the phrase “You’re right”
- what to do when people push your “hot buttons”
- how to handle a verbal bully who enjoys blaming and shaming
- how to gracefully exit an argument
- what to say when you don’t know what to say
- how to use silence to your advantage
- how to be pleasantly unpleasant
- and how to take charge of your emotions.
Tongue Fu!® is a fun and fascinating program that has received raves from audiences around the world. Lori provides dozens of real-life, constructive alternatives to giving a tongue-lashing or to being tongue-tied.
NEVER BE BULLIED AGAIN
Are you dealing with someone who delights in making your life difficult? Do you have to “talk on eggshells” around this person because you never know what might trigger a tirade? Do you have a co-worker who cuts you down to size and then claims he or she was “just kidding?” Do you live with someone who plays martyr and holds you responsible for his/her moods? Are you happier when you’re NOT around this person?
Welcome to the bully club. Bullies are people who abuse the rights of others in order to control the situation and the individual(s) involved. Sound familiar? Lori promises to share realistic (vs. idealistic) suggestions on what you can do if a bully has targeted you. If you’re dealing with a controller or manipulator, it doesn’t help to hear a platitude saying you should assert yourself. You want to know, “HOW can I assert myself? WHAT exactly can I say? What if that’s thrown back in my face?”
Lori’s seminar and materials are based on hundreds of interviews with people just like you who finally figured out how to stop someone who was trying to run and ruin their life. Specific suggestions include how to:
- “Do The You” and hold bullies accountable for dark remarks
- Put all kidding aside (and cease the tease once and for all)
- Act on (vs. act out) your anger so you don’t suffer in silence
- Be positively intolerant and adopt a “Don’t you dare” attitude
- Refuse to play the blame-shame game or buy tickets for guilt trips
- “Lean on we” so you’re not running on empty and going it alone
- Give schoolyard bullies (of any age) an education
- “Savior Self” from tyrants who belittle you so they can feel big
Lori shares specific “Samurai Strategies” you can use to banish the bully in your life or at least minimize his or her damage. You’ll learn how to convince the bully in your life (whether it’s a boss, mother-in-law, spouse, child, neighbor, co-worker, customer, or stranger) to cease and desist.